Active Ingredient Testing
An active ingredient is the component of a product that provides pharmacological activity or another direct effect on the structure or function of the body. Regulatory agencies such as Health Canada and the U.S. FDA require monitoring of the safety, efficacy and quality of active ingredients for use in natural health products (NHPs), dietary supplements, pharmaceuticals and personal care/cosmetic products.
View our blog post, How to Test for Natural Health Product (NHP) Quality in Canada.
Our product testing division offers full analytical services for active ingredient characterization, potency and a wide range of ingredient-specific analyses. Tests are available for the following active ingredients (if you do not see your ingredient of interest on this list, contact us directly for more information):
- Essential fatty acids/omega-3s (EPA, DHA, DPA)
- Amino acids
- Enzymes (e.g., protein enzyme activity value, fat enzyme activity value, carbohydrate enzyme activity value, cellulase)
- Vitamins (e.g., vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B)
- Minerals/elements (e.g., calcium, magnesium, trade minerals)
- Macronutrients (e.g., proteins, carbohydrates, sugars, fats)
- Animal-based actives (e.g., collagen, ubiquinol, chondroitin, co-Q10, glucosamine)
- Plant-based actives (e.g., polyphenols, steviosides, isoflavones, astaxanthin, tocopherols, phytosterols, anthocyanins, caffeine)
- Other actives (e.g., taurine)
Looking for more information on active ingredient testing? Contact a member of our team today or email us directly at email@example.com. You may also request a customized quote and we will contact you with details within two business days.