Natural Health Product (NHP) Licensing
In order to sell a natural health product (NHP) in Canada, companies must obtain a product licence by submitting a Product Licence Application (PLA) to the Natural and Non-Prescription Health Products Directorate (NNHPD) of Health Canada. The application must include sufficient evidence to support the safety, efficacy and quality of the NHP.
We will assist you at every stage of the complex and often confusing product licensing process, from conducting scientific literature reviews to support safety and efficacy to completing, submitting and managing the application through liaison with the NNHPD on your behalf.
Product Licence Applications for NHPs include:
- Applicant and contact information
- Site information
- Reference submissions (if applicable)
- NNHPD Master File (if applicable)
- Product information
- Medical ingredient declaration
- Nonmedical ingredient declaration (ingredients which do not exhibit pharmacological effects of their own)
- Ingredients used in processing
- Rec ommended conditions of use specific to each sub-population group (incuding risk information)
Quality information must also be included in a PLA. In addition to regulatory consulting, we also offer full product testing services to verify the quality, purity and stability of your product according to the specifications outlined in the Natural Health Product Regulations.
Looking for more information on NHP licensing? Contact a member of our team today or email us directly at email@example.com. You may also request a customized quote and we will contact you with details within two business days.